- We consider the Village Forest School to be a community, in which all members of the community are aware of, and considerate of, the wellbeing of the community as a whole.
- We rely on parents to apply judgement to the health of their children, and whether it is appropriate for them to attend the school on days when they are ill.
- If a child falls ill during the school day, the teaching staff will contact the child's parents, and make a recommendation as to whether the child can finish the school day, or needs to be collected early.
- All Village Forest School activities will be in compliance with current Italian regulations for the control of COVID-19.
- The children will spend the majority of their time outdoors in nature, the healthiest environment for them to be in.
- Mounting evidence points clearly to a low risk of COVID-19 transmission in a conventional school setting; and also to a low risk of child-to-adult transmission.
- We subscribe to the concept of medical freedom, and leave it to parents to decide whether their children should follow the state's recommended vaccination schedule.
Please contact us if you would like further information on any elements of our health policy.